Thursday, September 14, 2006


Raghavendra J
Saxophone
2000 - 2004


The story that I am going to narrate may sound like its out of a movie (Bollywood stuff) but believe me its true.

I am a guy born and brought up in Puttaparthy, in other words a “local” here. I have witnessed many programs but there was this person by name MF who left a lasting impression (love at first sight). I did not know what instrument he was playing and I had no idea what was going on. The ambience was ignited and the crowd was celebrating and swinging to his tune.

It was at that time that I thought to myself, “Will I ever become a musician of this stature?”

After that I did not see him for some time and forgot about him completely.

I got admission into the Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning in 1999 and the golden age dawned on me from the year 2000, the 75th year of the avatar - I got selected for the band.

During one practice session all bandizens seemed very excited, yelling that Ferguson was coming. With Amby (Prem Kumar) around the entire atmosphere was lit up!

Then entered the man whom I had seen long ago. Memories started welling up. He was followed by Mr. Paul Erhard. MF took out his trumpet and said to Paul, who was on double bass, “Give a G and C”. I looked at Paul expecting him to give some thing out of his pocket! Surprisingly, for me, Paul closed his eyes and started accompanying MF. The rest is history.

I really felt how fortunate I was to see him at such close proximity. There can never be an end to this kind of a person. He is eternal. As long as there is music there is MF. We owe everything to him for bringing out the musician in each one of us.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Real nice! Keep up the great work. Good work. Enjoyed the visit!
- www.blogger.com o
phentermine

12:36 PM  
Blogger sidzonline85 said...

hey gyanesh...nice to read ur blog. never got the chance to meet or C MF...but nice to have u bak in the band. lets rock

1:41 AM  
Anonymous manohar said...

that was mighty touchy ragha....i only was a witness to the enigma to the person called MF...but this day i relate so well to him through you i guess.....

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home