Monday, September 11, 2006


Anshuman Das
Music Group
1996 – 2005


I was pained and shocked to hear the sad news. I was in the primary school when I first saw MF performing during many Christmas mornings. Wearing his golden jacket and kurta, his face becoming pink whenever he blew hard for the higher octaves.

Since my primary school days (I joined primary school in 1991, class 3) I have seen the music group perform and dreamt that some day I would be a part of it. I was fortunate to make it and be a part of this great adventure in my 8th class when MF came to the old hostel dining hall to conduct the carols along with Mr. Bailey. It was such a joy watching them enjoy their music. They made fun of each other (both of them were stout, especially Mr. Bailey).
MF may have been a great trumpet player but with the band boys and all of us he was a happy jolly man full of “josh”.

A Master - I am proud to have seen and heard.

I had always wanted to listen to him just once more. A few days back I was feeling lonely and took out CD only to find some of his recordings! It was ... well, no words are adequate to describe the feeling and the Master.
His trumpet and the music can never leave my memories for a long long time to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home